Living Architecture Panel
Conversation about urban ecologies, habitation systems and energy
20. Oct. 2017, University of Applied Arts, Oskar Kokoschka Platz 2, 1010 Vienna,
– Rachel Armstrong, project coordinator Living Architecture, Professor for experimental architecture, University of Newcastle, UK
– Christophe Lasseur, project coordinator of MELISSA, European Life Support System, European Space Agency ESA, project Living Architecture Advisor, NL
– Sandra Rey, Founder & CEO Glowee, innovator, France
– Bernhard Sommer, Energy Design, Assistant Professor at the University of Applied Arts, CEO Exikon – architecture, Vienna, A,
– Jan Wurm, Ove Arup, Berlin, project Living Architecture Advisor
moderator: Barbara Imhof, LIQUIFER Systems Group, project Living Architecture Partner, Vienna, A
This mini-symposium offers insights into living architectures, focusing on
ecologic systems that are programmable and capable of producing essential goods for living such as power, nutrition, clean water and air.
Experts in the fields of experimental architecture, energy design, space
systems and entrepreneurship will engage in conversation, highlighting
individual perspectives on what ecologic architecture is and what it can be in the future. The dialogue is meant to provoke concerted efforts to transform our habitats from inert spaces into programmable sites.